In a relatively short period of time, the internet has demonstrated an incredible ability to shape our culture. Nearly every aspect of our personal and professional lives has been touched in some way by this ever-evolving technology, and no trend illustrates that point better than the rise of mobile technology.
Smartphones and other mobile devices have put the World Wide Web into the pocket of an increasing number of individuals each year, to the point that mobile apps have become the predominant way in which consumers access digital media. Because of this fact, it’s more essential than ever that your business reflect the changing times.
Tips to Boost Your Mobile eCommerce Store
If you’ve been looking for that missing ingredient to help drive your business forward, an app for the mobile traffic to your Shopify store might be just the addition you need. Mobile marketing is more vital than ever to the customer experience, and your business needs to be a part of this trend if you wish to reach the widest audience possible. However, here are a few key principles to keep in mind when creating a new mobile app that will help you make the most of that new format.
- Use it to build out your marketing strategy: Ideally, the mobile experience should represent an extension of your brand that entices users to engage often. Exclusive content or special offers only available to mobile users can give customers an incentive to stay connected and keep your business top-of-mind as a result.
- Streamline existing features: The underlying appeal of mobile technology is, of course, the sense of convenience it lends users. So be sure that your mobile presence bears this tenet in mind, especially when it comes to design elements. Simplicity should be the key to your mobile app, as frustrated users will give up quickly if it doesn’t meet their needs.
- Offer personalized services: Thanks to the advent of social media, today’s consumers are conditioned to have a personal account on virtually every site they visit. Whether this is for the purposes of eCommerce or simply to create their own digital persona, your users would relish the chance to have a personalized experience. Consider setting up a way to offer product recommendations based upon a user’s purchase history.
- Open up communication lines: Lest we forget, many mobile devices are designed for communication purposes. Likewise, your mobile app should allow for direct interaction between your business and its customers. This can include product reviews or a direct messaging service with questions, but find some way to solicit feedback for customers.
- Eliminate performance issues: Remember how we said convenience is paramount for mobile users? As such, it’s absolutely essential that your app remains unfettered by anything that might cause performance issues for end users. Each feature should be fast to load, bugs should be non-existent, and offline capability should be an absolute must-have. As with design problems, users will not bother with your app otherwise. This is one of the major benefits of using a software program with a fully-functional template.
- Never stop testing: Regardless of how well you think your mobile app may be performing, the worst thing you can do is become complacent. Always have systems in place to test the performance and customer engagement of your mobile presence. It’s the only way you can ensure that you keep evolving.
Why you should get your mobile eCommerce store
Even if the introduction of a mobile eCommerce store app represents a bold new direction for your business, the mounting evidence should reassure you of the benefits that await. Today’s consumers require a higher level of service than ever before, especially considering how many businesses are constantly vying for their hard-earned dollars.
If your eCommerce business hopes to remain relevant, it’s important to embrace innovation as not only a means to boost business but to strengthen the ties you have already forged with existing customers. However, don’t wait too long to adopt a mobile app. After all, the longer you wait, the higher the risk that your business will suffer in the long term.
For more invaluable insight into how you can boost sales and customer engagement in your eCommerce store, check out our new eBook, “Is Your eCommerce Store Ready for a Mobile App? The Complete Checklist.”