This is a great practice and a must do the activity to encourage your website visitors and customers to like, follow and share your business, collections, and products with their friends, families, followers and communities.
Any new announcements, product launches, collection launches, sales and offers or events can be announced using these channels (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc). No successful ecommerce business is built without a large community base or fan following and we encourage all stores to have these icons and pages displayed on your website. It goes a long way in increasing your brand credibility and sales in the long term.
Here’s how to add and display social media icons on your BigCommerce website:
- Login to your BigCommerce online store
- Visit storefront design and click on design options
- Click on the ‘Carousel and Social Media’ tab
- View social media section by scrolling down the page
- To enable the social media channel and icons, drag and copy the respective channel from the available networks list at the bottom of the page and drop and paste them in the Live on your Storefront list on top. Note: Only 6 channels can be added at a time.
- Enter the channel URL in the “paste link” field for each network added. Examples include (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram etc)
- Click on Save Changes
Here’s a list of all available social media platforms and channels supported to be added or displayed on your BigCommerce store:
- RSS feed (for blogs or newsfeeds)
On clicking these social media channel icons, we recommend you to open these links in a new tab or window.