Buy Online Pick Up In-Store (BOPIS) also known as click and collect has progressed from a trend to becoming a way of doing business in 2020. It allows shoppers to buy a product on a retail brand’s website and pick up the purchased product in-store. BOPIS benefits both the customers and retail brands. Here are some facts & benefits you need to know:
Consumer Shopping Behavioural Facts:
- 64% of online shoppers say they’ll avail themselves of BOPIS at some point in 2020
- 77% of shoppers prefer BOPIS because they are able to see the product before taking it home.
- In a JDA report, roughly half of consumers surveyed used BOPIS, and their top reasons for doing so were to avoid home delivery charges (40%) and to get merchandise sooner (33%).
- 50% of shoppers have decided where to shop online based on whether or not they could pick up in-store
- More than half of all retail sales are impacted by digital interactions, and 63% of decision-makers are upgrading initiatives to improve the complete view of the customer across all channels.
- On Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2018, 27% of shoppers used BOPIS capabilities. 64% of these shoppers then made additional purchases while picking up their items in store.
- BOPIS helps brands increase their AOVs as 79% of shoppers who have used BOPIS say they are more likely to make an additional purchase.
- 75% will be able to identify specific customers in-store and have the ability to customize their visits thereby increasing purchase amount with every visit.
- Brands don’t lose out on any sales due to no stock of a product