To save time and money on shipping, you can use Shopify Shipping to buy and print shipping labels from your Shopify admin panel. Shopify shipping is however currently only available to stores based in the United States and Canada.
While fulfulling an order on your Shopify admin panel, you can buy shipping labels. You can then print it or cancel it from the Orders page.
To buy a shipping label :
- Login to your Shopify admin panel – click on Orders
- Click on the number of the order that you want to fulfill
- Click on the Continue button next to Buy postage and fulfill items in the Order details section
- The order’s Fulfillment page will now open up
- In the Fulfillment method section, click on Buy and print a shipping label
- Enter the number of items that you want to include in this fulfillment in the Quantity to fulfill section
- From the Package drop-down, select a package and enter the weight of your shipment in the Total weight text box
- You can also choose to Add a package
- Under the service section, proceed to select a shipping method. Fill in the Customs declaration form if it’s an international shipment. If you require a signature on delivery, check the Signature confirmation or Signature required box.
- In case you’re using Shopify Shipping with USPS, you can set a shipping date for your order. This date will also be printed on your shipping label
- Once you’ve added all the details, review the same in the Summary section and click on Buy shipping label. Ensure that the label format matches the printer that you want to use and if it doesn’t, then click Change to select the right format.
- Once the shipping label is bought, its cost will be billed through your Shopify account. The price includes taxes and fees.
To print a shipping label :
After buying a shipping label, you will have to print and affix it to the outside of the package. You can print the label using a supported label printer, or using a desktop printer and affix it to the outside of your package using a plastic sleeve or tape.
- Login to your Shopify admin panel, click on Orders
- Click on the number of the order for which you’ve purchased the shipping label
- Click on Print label in the Fulfillment section
- Select the printer you want to print the label
- Select the paper size. If you’re using a label printer, select 4″ x 6″. If you’re using a desktop printer, select 8.5″ x 11″
- Once the printer and paper size is selected, click on Print