Shopify has a number of channels for you to sell your products. These are called sales channels. You can use one or more sales channels to sell. Each place where you are selling is like a channel that flows into your business, helping customers from a variety of audiences find your products. Connecting all of these sales channels to Shopify makes it easy for you to keep track of your products, customers, orders and inventories in one place, no matter which sales channel you’re using.
Sales channels that you add are listed under Sales Channels on your Shopify admin panel.
Shopify also allows you to sell in person using the Shopify POS app, credit card reader and other hardware.
Here are some of the online sales channels supported by Shopify :
- Online Store : This is basically your website. Your Shopify plan will provide you with a Shopify hosted domain and a myshopify.com address. You can also set up your own domain
- Facebook : You can post and sell your products directly from the Shop tab on your store’s Facebook page.
- Pinterest : You can add Buyable Pins to any products from your Shopify store that have been pinned on Pinterest. You can read more about Buyable Pins here
- Buy Button : You can use Buy Buttons to sell from anywhere – your website or blog (eg WordPress, Squarespace, Tumblr) by embedding Buy Buttons that connect to your secure Shopify checkout
- Messenger : You can use this to sell directly from conversations with customers on Facebook, send order or shipping notifications and respond to queries
- Amazon : You can manage your Amazon listings and Shopify products in one place
- Mobile Apps : You can use this to build your own iOS App. Customers can make purchases using their Credit Card or Apple Pay.
You can find more sales channels for your store here
You might need to change your store’s settings before adding a sales channel because of specific eligibility requirements. If your store isn’t eligible for a sales channel, then the channel appears as Unavailable in your Shopify admin. Click View details to see why your store isn’t eligible.
Adding a sales channel to your store :
- Login to your Shopify admin panel
- Click on the + button next to Sales channels
- Click on the name of the sales channel to know more about it
- Click Add channel to add it to your store