Before you set up shipping on your Shopify store, you need to add integral information
To set up Shipping on your Shopify store you need to go to the Shipping page in your Shopify admin and update certain information about your business.
To go to the Shipping page, click on Settings and then choose ‘Shipping’.
Once you select Shipping, you’ll need to fill out the Shipping Origin Address.
In case you ship your products directly from the warehouse or any other location besides your store’s main office, you can mention a separate shipping origin to ensure that your calculated shipping rates and taxes are accurate.
Steps to add your business’s shipping origin:
- From your Shopify admin, go to ‘Settings’ and then select Shipping
- In the ‘Shipping Origin Section’, select Edit address
- Type the address of the location that you will be shipping your products from, and then click ‘Save’.
The next step is to add a package type.
Choose Settings from your Shopify Admin, and then click Shipping.
Within the Packages section, select Add Package
In the dialogue box, fill in the required details about the package type.
Certain delivery companies have strict restrictions about the size of packages that can be used for shipping products. A notification about applicable size restrictions will be shown on the dialog when you create a new package type.
Tip: If your store is located in the US, then you can add USPS flat rate packaging.
Please note, advertised box dimensions may refer to the inside of the product packaging, so it’s essential for you to measure the outside dimensions of your boxes.
How to edit or delete a package type
Shopify allows you to edit or delete an existing package type by selecting it in the Packages section.
- Go to Settings and the choose ‘Shipping’
- In the Packages Section, go to Edit, next to the Package type that you wish to edit.
- Enter your changes in the dialog, and then click Save, or click Delete package.
You can edit or delete an existing package type by clicking on its name in the Packages section.
To edit or delete a package type:
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Shipping.
- In the Packages section, click Edit next to the package type that you want to edit:.
- In the dialog, enter your changes and then click Save, or click Delete package:
Lastly, before you start shipping to your customers, make sure you add a Shipping Zone and add Shipping Rates.