TwoForOne is an online food, beverage & lifestyle discount aggregator. Based in Mexico; this Shopify store allows consumers to buy great deals and offers from local businesses (restaurants, salons, gyms, etc.) which are then redeemed when they visit & make purchases from those establishments. This ensures increased footfall & customer retention at the local establishments and consumers get to take advantage of some brilliants deals and discounts. Their mobile app went live in May 2018. To date, they have raked in MXN 1.8 million+ in mobile app revenue.
Two for One is an app where you can buy great deals from local businesses that are valid to be redeemed only when consumers visit that business. We faced a huge issue with people wanting to stay inside and avoid human contact/visiting local businesses so our team decided to turn adversity into an opportunity. We started to focus on order online, pick up and go home. We immediately got hundreds of new clients and boosted local spending in our community.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the Ecommerce climate completely. Pre lockdown, consumers were able to purchase the offers online and redeem them in-store. However, during lockdown; visiting these establishments is not an option. All spas, gyms, and other lifestyle brands have closed but the food sector is still functional. While dining in to avail the purchased coupons is not an option they had to find alternative ways for consumers to purchase and avail the coupons.
They quickly adapted to the change in consumer behavior and went from offline to online:
- Shifting from providing only coupons for purchase to providing coupons & food combos for purchase and pick up in-store.
- Users could pre-order meals & beverage combos along with special offers from the mobile app itself and simply go to pick it up (BOPIS)
- Special offers & combos were created and promoted on the mobile app; they also created combos that included food & beer
- Push notification campaigns were created to alert consumers about every combo
This quick thinking and shift in approach showed brilliant results:
- 6400+ app downloads in the month of March 2020 - that’s a 711% jump from the month before
- BOPIS made it super convenient to purchase from the mobile app and pick up in-stores which resulted in an increase in mobile revenue of 159% in March’20
- The push notification campaigns resulted in 200,000+ views each with an approximate conversion rate of 11%
Twoforone was quick to make the necessary changes and harness the power of his mobile app to benefit his business. It is this dynamic thinking when clubbed with the right technology like a mobile app that can help drive a business to success and supercharge revenue.