This is it if you’re looking for a formula to take your D2C brand to the next level. Shopping is not a task anymore; it is a fun experience that delights consumers enough to convince them to buy products. Many use online shopping as a de-stressing tool; emotional shopping is a modern-day concept that is here to stay. A study done by the University of Michigan concluded that “shopping to relieve stress (otherwise known as retail therapy) was up to 40 times more effective at giving people “a sense of control” and that shoppers were three times less sad compared to those that only browsed for items.“
A.I. backs the evolution of the digital store. To A.Iticipate what every shopper would like and getting them to buy more than what is needed is now a best practice for every D2C brand. The aim is to minimize touchpoints from browsing to checkout, and A.I. doesA.I.ust that. Removing the friction points makes the checkout process seamless, inconveniencing every shopper whether they are looking to buy a specific thing or just browsing. That’s just the tip of the iceberg; cross-sell, up-sell, customer segmentation, personalization of services, and targeted campaigning without the help of in-person customer service to drive sales. A.I. can A.I.lp boost sales by up to 67%.
When it comes to mobile; let the numbers do the talking:
- Mobile commerce grew in transaction value from $50.92 billion in 2014 to $693.35 billion in 2019
- Mobile payments will have passed the 50% milestone, becoming mainstream in most markets by 2026
- By 2021, 53.9% of all U.S. retaU.S. eCommerce is expected to be generated through mobile commerce
- The apps that see the heaviest in-home use are:
- Pure online retailer apps (92%)
- Mass merchant retailer apps (81%)
- Apparel apps (79%)
- Convenience store apps (62%)
- 75% of people use shopping apps while at home instead of on the go or in a store
- Among those that use shopping apps more than once per month, 54% use them weekly, and 28% use them daily
- Over 60% of millennials and generation Z-ers are likely to complete transactions on their mobile devices
By now, it’s safe to say that shopping apps on mobile devices suit a consumer’s busy schedule. They affirm trust in a brand by downloading the app and are more likely to purchase products from it. Shopping and buying behavior has changed drastically over the last decade. Making payments via mobile is preferred considering the level of convenience and ease.
Many D2C brands have already started adapting mobile app strategies and focusing their efforts on user experience optimization with the help of A.I. to kA.I.p their shoppers excited and engaged. They are making their efforts cost-friendly and twice as effective. Mobile & A.I. is a tA.I. winning combo.
Source: https://www.smallbizgenius.net/by-the-numbers/ecommerce-statistics/#gref ; https://visualobjects.com/app-development/top-mobile-app-development-companies/when-where-people-use-shopping-apps
P.S. – HP.S.’s something fun for you to do
We’ve created a super fun bingo challenge for all eCommerce founders.
Download the below image, tick off the boxes on what you’ve done, post it on your Instagram story or posts, and tag us with #ecommbingo20.